The 16th International Conference on Future Networks and Communications
International Workshop on Security of Mobile Communications: IoT and Biometry
August 9-12, 2021, Leuven, Belgium
The deployment of mobile communications in the IOT field is constantly increasing. This evolution is accompanied by a range of security opportunities, risks and challenges, including those related to privacy and non-repudiation. The authentication process required to authorize access remains the primary security barrier to ensuring the privacy and security of these systems. Therefore, biometry seems to be the most reliable option. Biometry is one of the technologies that can offer high levels of security, as it is based on physical characteristics to verify a person’s identity using options such as voice, fingerprints, face, retina or iris of the eye, vein infrared thermogram or a combination of these identifiers. As a result, the security offered by biometric authentication is one of the most relevant and high-priority topics.
This Workshop is aimed to provide an overview of recent specifications, advances and challenges related to deploying biometry to secure IOT and mobile communications. Moreover, this workshop is an opportunity for researchers, professors and students to publish recent ideas and researches and also discover the promising research direction related to this field.
This workshop will be held in Leuven, Belgium (August 9-12, 2021) in conjunction with the 16th International Conference on Future Networks and Communications (FNC 2021).
The workshop will publish original and unpublished manuscripts that focus on innovative approaches and new emerging topics related to Biometry and its contribution on securing IOT through/and mobile communications.
The workshop focuses on the topics listed below, but it is not limited to the following:
- List of topics
- Internet of things: security and privacy
- Internet of things : Architectures, protocols and applications
- Internet of things and Mobility Issues: Security
- Mobile & Wireless Networks: Architectures, Protocols
- Security and Privacy of Mobile & Wireless Networks
- Biometric authentication technologies: face Recognition, Psychological and Behavioral Analysis, Gesture, Recognition, Body Action and Activity Recognition…
- Biometry Applications.
- Biometry authentication: Database, protocols and tools for evaluating score-level fusion algorithms.
- Biometric authentication: Security and privacy.
- Biometry and internet of things.
- Biometry opportunities and risks.
- Submission Deadline : April 15 2021
- Paper notifications: May 17, 2021
- Final date for camera-ready copy: June 15, 2021
- August 9-12, 2021
- Paper Format
- Paper length
Submitted technical papers must be no longer than 6 pages including all figures, tables, and references.
- Paper submission
Authors are requested to submit their papers electronically using the online conference management system in PDF format before the deadline (see Important Dates).
Submission to the 16th International Conference on Future Networks and Communications / workshop « Security of mobile communications: IOT and Biometry », must be original and not substantially duplicate work that has been published or is simultaneously submitted to a journal or another conference/workshop with proceedings. Papers that contain any form of plagiarism or self-plagiarism will be rejected without reviews. All submissions will be blind-refereed.
- Submission link
The submission processes will be managed by:
If you have used this system before, you can use the same username and password. If this is your first time using EasyChair, you will need to register for an account by clicking « I have no EasyChair account » button. Upon completion of registration, you will get a notification email from the system and you are ready for submitting your paper. You can upload and re-upload the paper to the system by the submission due date.
Authors can directly submit papers in case any difficulties: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to the workshop website
All accepted papers will be scheduled for oral presentations and will be published by Elsevier Science in the open-access Procedia Computer Science series on-line. Procedia Computer Science is hosted by Elsevier on www.Elsevier.com and on Elsevier content platform ScienceDirect (www.sciencedirect.com), and will be freely available worldwide. All papers in Procedia will be indexed by Scopus (www.scopus.com) and by Thomson Reuters’ Conference Proceeding Citation Index (http://thomsonreuters.com/conference-proceedings-citation-index/). All papers in Procedia will also be indexed by Scopus (www.scopus.com) and Engineering Village (Ei) (www.engineeringvillage.com). This includes EI Compendex (www.ei.org/compendex). Moreover, all accepted papers will be indexed in DBLP (http://dblp.uni-trier.de/). The papers will contain linked references, XML versions and citable DOI numbers. You will be able to provide a hyperlink to all delegates and direct your conference website visitors to your proceedings.
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register and attend the conference to present the work.
Workshop dates and location
The workshop will be held at the Leuven, Belgium, August 9-12, 2021
Workshop Steering Chair
Youssef BENTALEB, Ibn Tofail University, Morocco
Technical Program Committee
- Youssef BENTALEB, Ibn Tofail University, Morocco
- El Mamoun SOUIDI, Mohammed V University, Morocco
- Abderrahmane NITAJ, Caen University, France
- Thierry BERGER, University of Limoges, France
- Said EL HAJJI, Mohammed V University, Morocco
- Ghizlane ORHANOU, Mohammed V University, Morocco
- Sayeh Awatif, Mohammed V University, Morocco
- Souad El Bernousi, Mohammed V University, Morocco
- Tarik MOATAZ, Brown University, USA
- Ahmed KHOUMSI, Sherbrooke University, Canada
- Karim Zkik, Rabat International University, Morocco
- Jalal Lasiri, Ibn Tofail University, Morocco
- Tomader Mazri, Ibn Tofail University, Morocco
- Youssef Rochdi, Ibn Tofail University, Morocco
- Hamid Nach, UQAR University, Canada
- Muhammad Ayoub Kamal, Institute of Business Management, Pakistan.
- Hind EL Makhtoum, Ibn Tofail University, Morocco
- Chaimaa Mouad, Ibn Tofail University, Morocco
- Raouya Aknin, Ibn Tofail University, Morocco
For registration information, Please check the following link:
For more information about conference program, Please check the following link:
For more information about conference venue, Please check the following link:
For further information, please contact: Pr. Youssef BENTALEB, ENSA, Ibn Tofail University, Morocco: email@example.com